About the Request Service
Although we recommend that all of our borrowers visit the library, we understand that this is not always possible. Instead our librarians will compile a selection of books and other items based on what you have asked for. We have in-depth knowledge of the National Curriculum, IPC, and creative curriculums, and all requests are bespoke rather than uniform ‘topic boxes’. We use data gathered from requests to inform our buying policy.
The request service is available as an optional service to all Tower Hamlets schools (as the Gold package) and is automatically part of any non-Tower Hamlets school package.
Benefits of the Request Service
- Saves teachers’ time
- Schools with the request service statistically receive the best value-for-money from their subscriptions
Process of the request
- Complete a request form online or by fax at any time during the year.
- The request is logged. If there is no room on your ticket we will contact you to ask you to return any outstanding items.
- If there is space on your ticket, a librarian will compile your request.
- Your resources will be delivered within 7 working days of receipt of the request or the first day of term (depending on when the request is received).
- You can specify on your form if you need crates to be picked up. If you do this, we will contact you to confirm whether we can send our driver. Although we will do our best to visit as soon as possible, please allow 5 working days for us to fit you in, especially during busy periods such as before half-term.
- Please do not email request forms or write a topic list in an email. Use either the online form or downlaodable form (faxed) to ensure that he have all the information to process your order.
- Please note that some parts of the online form require an answer and will not be sent to us incomplete. We take no responsibility for requests that are not received for this reason.
- All information provided will be kept confidential and not be shared with any other organisation.
- Emails provided will be used to contact you about your request, upcoming collection dates and Schools Library Service training and events that are part of your subscription.
FAQ on our deliveries and collections service