Tower Hamlets Schools Library Service is a traded service within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and provides learning resources, librarians and library-related advice and support to schools in London and the South East.
We aim to:
- To provide a wide range of high quality learning resources (for early years up to KS4 and sixth form) that reflect our multicultural and diverse community in a balanced and accurate way, as an efficient, cost-effective way for schools to resource the curriculum and promote reading for pleasure
- To support schools in their aim to have excellent school libraries by providing professional advice and training on the management and organisation of learning resources and by supplying the services of a professional librarian to manage the school library on a regular basis
- To enrich the curriculum through global learning and pupil participation, helping young people make the connection between the local and the global
How to subscribe
Any school or organisation within Tower Hamlets, or within any local authority which does not already provide a schools library service, may subscribe to Tower Hamlets Schools Library Service.
- Tower Hamlets (local authority) schools subscribe via SLA online.
- all other schools and settings, please either complete the form below, or telephone the library on 020 7364 6428
*amount based on a school with 20 staff borrowing