So you’re a celebrated author and school invitations are rolling in! Are you looking for ways to improve your school visits Do you need fresh ideas for the classroom and/or assemblies? Are you wondering how to ensure everything is in place ahead of your visit?
This interactive workshop equips authors with practical ideas and imaginative spaces to improve your visits to schools.
From knowing how to communicate your needs ahead of your visit, to delivering a joyful & fulfilling time for the children and yourself, this workshop will increase your confidence and enjoyment of the school experience.
The workshop will also cover:
- Preparation – what you need to know and prepare for and what you can expect from a school and a schools library service
- Trouble-shooting when the environment you’re in was not what you were expecting
- Releasing yourself into the story, so that you find and exercise your own unique voice
- Lifting your story off the page with voice and body
- Ideas for fun and meaningful activities and exercises – how to set them up and deliver them
This will also be an imaginative space for ‘blue sky thinking’, where the group will have their own space to play and co-create.
Course leader: Alia Al Zougbi
Alia is BAFTA-nominated, dynamic storyteller and educator. She has extensive experience using storytelling in schools, and has developed CPDs, workshops and resources using storytelling around a number of curriculum and statutory requirements. She is Head of HEC Global Learning Centre and among the core teaching staff at the British Museum.
When: 2pm to 4.30pm, Wednesday 1st November
Where: PDC, 229 Bethnal Green Road E3 6AB
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to contact the course leader. To book, please use the form below.